Presidential Appointments - Application
Apply for a Job
Welcome to the Presidential Appointments website. Please note that this website is designed for applicants interested in non-career positions within the Obama-Biden Administration. We encourage applicants to also look at the numerous opportunities for career, civil service positions within the federal government. You can apply for these jobs through the Office of Personnel Management website at http://www.usajobs.gov.
President Barack Obama will make ongoing appointments for non-career positions throughout the federal government. This website will allow you to apply for these positions in the White House or any Federal Department, Agency or Commission. Some of these non-career positions will require Senate confirmation.
Applying online is the quickest and most accurate way to submit your information. If you are unable to complete the application through this website, a paper application is also permissible and can be accessed by clicking on the following link: Paper Application (PDF, 400 KB). In order to view the paper application, you will need Adobe Reader software version 8 or higher (Download Adobe Reader).
Paper applications should be mailed along with the latest copy of your resume to:
Presidential Personnel Office
The White House
Washington, DC 20502.
It is not necessary to include any additional materials besides the application and your resume in the mail. Any additional information will be disposed of and will not be considered in reviewing your application.
f you previously applied for a non-career position with the Obama-Biden Administration at http://change.gov and your information has not changed, you do not need to complete a new application. Applications previously submitted to the Obama-Biden Transition Project have been retained and are still up for consideration by the Presidential Personnel Office.
Online Application Process:
1. Please complete the online application by clicking on the "Begin Application Form" button below.
2. Please note that you MUST complete the application in one session. You should expect to spend approximately 15-20 minutes to complete the process. If your session is idle for more than 30 minutes, you will need to restart your application so please plan accordingly. We encourage you to print the Paper Application and gather the relevant information prior to starting the online application.
3. The application is divided into multiple sections covering the following areas:
# Background Information;
# Work Experience;
# Management Experience;
# Private Sector Experience;
# Government Experience;
# Non-Profit, Academic and Political Experience;
# International Experience;
# Desired Positions in the Obama-Biden Administration;
# References; and
# Miscellaneous Additional Information.
All sections must be completed for your application to be considered for a position.
4. The final page of the online application provides a read-only summary view of your entries. If you wish to change any information, simply click on "Edit" next to the section header of the area you wish to change and the application will jump back to that section. You can also select the "Back" button at the bottom of the page to navigate to prior sections. Please do NOT use the "Back" button in your browser.
When you are satisfied with the application, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the review page.
5. Once you have submitted the application, you will be sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application. There is no need for you to follow-up on the status of your application. We will contact you only if you are being further considered for a specific position.
6. If you are considered for a specific position, you will be asked to fill out additional forms, including financial disclosures, and be subject to other reviews, which may include FBI background checks. If the position requires Senate confirmation, the Senate committee that reviews nominations for that position may also ask you to provide additional information.
Please note that any information you provide during the application process may be subject to public disclosure pursuant to applicable law, including if requested through the Freedom of Information Act.
All information provided in connection with your application for employment may be used by the Obama-Biden Administration for the purpose of considering your eligibility for employment.
Thank you for your interest in serving in the Obama-Biden Administration.
If you are a user with disabilities who is having trouble accessing the application form, please contact the Presidential Personnel Office at 202-456-9713.
The Obama-Biden Administration does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.
Retrieved on 26 Dec 2009